● Recent Updates on University Operations
● Message from the President on the Global Pandemic
● Albizu Operations Information Hotline
● Prevention Information
● Links to Resources
Carlos Albizu University is ranked among the top five U.S. universities in conferring doctoral degrees to Hispanics
Find out about recent news from our University including upcoming events, and links to other sources of current information.
Published on Tuesday, February 16, 2016
By Norma Borges
Albizu University´s prestige continues to gain ground, this time in the Caribbean, with the selection of five papers to be presented at the 13th Caribbean Psychology Congress to be held in the Dominican Republic
Dr. Javier Veray Alicea, professor Juan A. González Rivera, Dr. Karla Narváez, professor Julimar Suárez and professor Edgar Campos figure as authors of the papers to be presented.
The congress will be held next April (Saturday the 9th and Sunday the 10th). Albizu University´s contribution to this important congress will be made through the discussion of works whose themes range from spirituality and the perception of wellness to sexuality within the context of modern psychology.
The Autonomous University of Santo Domingo (UASD by its Spanish acronym) will be the venue for this gathering of Caribbean professionals and academics. Dr. Jaime Veray, Coordinator of the Interdisciplinary Bachelor of Science in Psychology Program and Director of the Doctoral Psychology Program (Ph.D.), pointed out that ¨it is an honor for us that these five relevant and timely studies will be now presented to the world. This makes us feel very proud."
In 2011 Dr. Veray Alicea won the International Prize awarded by this Congress for his valuable contributions to the practice of psychology within the Caribbean region. Currently Dr. Veray Alicea is a member of the First International Congress on Sexuality´s intellectual committee. This congress will be held in Puerto Rico in February 2017, under the auspices of the Instituto Sexológico Educativo y Psicológico de Puerto Rico (ISEP), founded by Dr. Alicia Fernández Villanueva.
The titles of the five papers to be presented next April in the Dominican Republic follow:
1. The relationship between spirituality and subjective wellness. First author: Dr. Juan A. González Rivera; secondary author: Dr. Jaime Veray Alicea.
2. Attitudes towards the integration of spirituality in the helping professions. First author: Dr. Juan A. González Rivera; secondary author: Dr. Jaime Veray Alicea.
3. Sexual intelligence: modern psychology´s new challenges. First author: Dr. Jaime Veray Alicea; secondary author: Edgar Campos; tertiary author: Dr. Juan A. González Rivera.
4. Neuroscience, education and research: the ideal learning combination. First author: Karla Narváez; secondary author: Dr. Jaime Veray Alicea.
5. Construction and validation of the scale of knowledge and attitudes toward the parental alienation syndrome. First author: Julimar Sáez; secondary author: Jaime Veray Alicea.
Categories: Miami Campus, San Juan Campus, News