● Recent Updates on University Operations
● Message from the President on the Global Pandemic
● Albizu Operations Information Hotline
● Prevention Information
● Links to Resources
Carlos Albizu University is ranked among the top five U.S. universities in conferring doctoral degrees to Hispanics
Find out about recent news from our University including upcoming events, and links to other sources of current information.
March 12, 2020
Dear Albizu Community,
We want to keep you reassured that university officials continue to closely monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and follow the safety guidelines provided by the CDC and the Florida Department of Health. The University has established a committee to work directly on this to be able to provide you with updated information and devise and implement safety plans as needed. Our first priority is the safety of our university community and getting ready to move to online learning if needed.
To this end, the following measures have been adopted:
1. We are implementing a plan to deliver instruction fully online.
2. Students in practicum and/or internship should follow the site guidelines.
3. All student services departments have made contingency plans to deliver services to students remotely if needed.
4. Effective immediately: Faculty are being instructed to deliver all classes online this coming week (March 16-21) as a pilot plan.
5. Students with limited access to Internet and technological equipment should contact the Office of the Dean of Students at (305) 593-1223, ext. 3102 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Academic Program and Student Services Directors will be available to address any questions or concerns for specific situations that you may experience.
We will keep you updated of any new directives issued by the Office of the President taking into account the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Florida Department of Health, and the Commission for Independent Education (CIE).
Tilokie Depoo, Ph.D.
Chancellor – Miami Campus